Tips for New Bloggers on How To Write #Winning Content
If you’re blogging for a business to generate sales leads and/or to build your online presence and thought leadership, here are some practical blog writing tips:
- To grow your credibility, your grammar and English must be near perfect. Poor writing won’t fly.
- Keep the blog 350–600 words in length.
- If you use acronyms, make sure you spell them out the first time you use them.
- Always use a photo/artwork.
- Promote every blog post on social media.
- Establish a presence on Quora as an answerer and include a link to your blog in your profile.
- Keep your concepts and goals for the blog modest.
- Use extremely clear language, while also keeping the tone appropriate for your audience.
- Establish your topic/content in the first three sentences.
- Only include 1–3 supporting ideas/examples.
- Always use a sub head and content tags/keywords so readers can find you when searching.
- Make your URL slugs simple.
- Use an SEO optimization tool.
- If you have comments open, beware of spam.
- Always answer legit comments.
- Don’t overthink/over edit your writing. Instead, share your knowledge/opinion in a personal way.